We cover a lot of important and weighty issues on the Blawg, so today I want to share with you this list I found on NorthJersey.com listing some interesting (outdated?) laws involving animals. Admittedly, I have not researched the history of these gems, but I am certainly intrigued as to why they needed to be set down:
1. In Alaska it is against the law to push a live moose out of an airplane mid-flight.
2. In Arizona, you aren’t allowed to let your donkey sleep in the bathtub.
3. In California, animals can’t mate within 500 yards of a church or school.
4. In Colorado it is illegal to drink and ride a horse.
5. In Connecticut dogs with tattoos must be reported to the authorities.
6. In Georgia, people cannot give away goldfish at bingo contests (because it is a crime to stomp a goldfish).
7. In Idaho, there is to be no fishing while riding a camel.
8. In Iowa there is to be no eating of the fire hydrants.
9. Maryland movie theaters do not allow people to bring lions.
10. It is against the law to hunt whales in Nebraska.
Filed under: Uncategorized